100 Cajon Street, Redlands CA 92373 – (909) 793-2839
Thursday, September 17th – Prayer Vigil in Solidarity with Charlottesville
Please join us at 7:30 p.m. on Thursday evening, August 17th, in solidarity with others in our community to offer our prayers and express our frustration, outrage and sympathy for those affected by the violence in Charlottesville and other places around the world. We will stand tall as witnesses to our faith in a God who overcomes division and promotes unity, healing and peace. The gathering will be held in the Sanctuary at First Presbyterian Church, 100 Cajon Street, Redlands. The prayer vigil will be led by Pastor Cheryl Raine. All faiths are encouraged and invited to join together in solidarity as the Redlands faith community. For additional information, please call the office at First Presbyterian Church of Redlands, 909-793-2839.
Sunday, August 20th
9:30 am Worship in English
5:00 pm Worship in Indonesian
On Sunday, August 20th, we will hear these words from Scripture, “Yes, Lord, yet even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters’ table.” What do you do when Jesus doesn’t do or say what you expect? The text this coming Sunday is a bit of a challenge, because Jesus is down right rude to a mother making a request for her child. Yet, she is persistent. She doesn’t give up. She keeps pressing the disciples and Jesus. Come and worship with us as we struggle with this particular text and its word for our lives.
What is happening in the life of the congregation from July 26th through August 13th in addition to Sundays!
Wednesday, August 16th
- Don’t miss the Wednesday Devotionals posted on the Blog page each Wednesday morning (fpcredlands.org)! The devotional primes the pump for the upcoming message. Share it with a friends and enlarge our circle! If you are not on the email list to receive this, please let the church office know!
Thursday, August 17th
- 10:00 am – Worship Leadership Training in the Sanctuary
- 7:30 pm – Prayer Vigil in the Sanctuary
Don’t Miss the Redlands Bowl Summer Season which ends soon
- Tuesday, August 15th – Pete Jacobs Wartime Radio Revue with a tribute to The Andrew Sisters
- Friday, August 18th and Saturday, August 19th – State Street Ballet of Santa Barbara Cinderella
- Tuesday, August 22nd – Celtic Spring
- Friday, August 25th – The Redlands Symphony from Score to Screen with Fireworks