There will be a potluck brunch after worship service (10:45 A.M.) on Sunday, April 19. Zach Neufeld, our Director of Music and Chancel Choir will provide the musical backdrop for this annual fund raiser for our music ministry.
Please join us for this festive, annual spring event. If the food doesn’t entice you, the music and fellowship will.
The choir gave a stirring performance of “God Bless America” with members joining in.
The March and April calendar is jam packed with interesting and affirming activities for people of all ages.
Beginning with Sunrise, we meet in the Narthex for prayer, study, song and fellowship. Sunrise continues Tuesday mornings at 7:00 through March 31st. It’s a great way to set the tone for the rest of your day.
Wednesday evenings find us sharing a potluck supper before viewing a video series. Dinner is at 6:00. The last supper is on the 25th of March.
The Palm Sunday (March 29th) picnic in the patio has been postponed. Worship services will be held at their usual time and place.
Maundy Thursday (April 2nd) there will be a worship service (English) at 7:00 P.M.
Good Friday (April 3rd) the Pakistani/Indian Ministry will hold a worship service in Urdu at noon.
Easter Sunday (April 5th) worship services will be held at the usual times and the 9:30 service will be followed by an Easter Celebration Brunch.
Indonesian Spring Celebration will be held on Saturday, April 11th, at 5:00 P.M.
The usual church activities continue as follows:
- First Thursday of the month – FPC Book Club meets at 7:00 P.M. (call church office for location) The book for April is Poems That Make Grown Men Cry by Anthony Holden
Deacons Meeting 11:00 A.M.
- Second Monday of the month – Worship & Congregational Life meets at 5:00 P.M.
- Second Wednesday of the month – The Bridge club meets at noon; Property & Finance Committee meets at 5:15 P.M.
- Second Friday of the month – Coffee Shop Bible Study meets at 11:00 A.M.
- Third Monday of the month – Session meets at 7:00
- Third Wednesday of the month – Wenonah Circle Bible Study meets at 1:30
- Third Friday of the month – Knitting Companions get together at 10:00
- Fourth Monday of the month – Mission Committee meets at 7:00
Sunrise prayer meeting – Tuesdays 7:00am (through 3/31)
Lenten Soup Suppers begin every Wednesday through 3/25, 6:00pm
Deacons meet 11:00 A.M. Thursday, 3/5
Book Club 7:00 P.M. at the Kane residence, Thursday, 3/5
Indonesian Memorial Service for Kasim Barus’ mother, Saturday, 3/7, 6:00 P.M.
Please excuse our dust as we try to clean up and post new information to our site!
To celebrate the love of God;
To share and live our beliefs;
To educate youth and adults in the teachings of the bible and beliefs of the church;
To work for peace and justice within our church and our community;
To be good stewards of God’s creation.
You are always welcome at First Presbyterian Church.
Sunday Worship at 9:30 am