DIRECTOR OF MUSIC AND CHANCEL CHOIR
Please submit a cover letter and your resume to the First Presbyterian Church of Redlands, PO Box 2009 Redlands, CA 92374, by October 20, 2017.
First Presbyterian Church of Redlands, California
The church is not an ordinary institution, and the church staff is not an ordinary business staff. As a multi-cultural church our primary concern is to love and care for people – all people. For the church to carry on its work and mission as a caring community, a wide variety of tasks need to be done and done well, but people come first. Therefore, the essential pre-requisite for this job is that the applicant likes people and desires to serve them in an attitude of Christian love.
Our staff works in a spirit of cooperation and helpfulness and in line with suggestions of the Book of Order and the Personnel Policies of the First Presbyterian Church of Redlands.
The Director of Music and Chancel Choir coordinates the entire music program and leads the Chancel Choir in providing appropriate choral music during services of worship and special church events. This includes the provision of organ/piano music for all regular and special services for the church year.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION:
- Skills in leading worship through organ and piano playing, both for choral and congregational singing, along with instrumental solo pieces.
- Skills in instrumental and choral conducting, in voice development, and in worship planning in coordination with the pastor.
- Knowledge of choral repertoire and familiarity with a variety of choral rehearsal techniques.
- Openness to a wide variety of musical styles.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Clear concept of being an integral part of the ministerial team
- Ability to play and conduct simultaneously.
- Masters degree preferred.